Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
Chicken soup is comforting! This AIP chicken vegetable soup recipe is rich in goodness and flavor. Once you’ve finished chopping, it will be ready to eat quickly! (Adaptations for a meatless version and crockpot cooking at end).
Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup, makes 12 servings. Made for an 8-quart Instant Pot.
Prep time: one hour Total Cook time (2 parts): 40 minutes to heat up to pressure
1 TBSP avocado oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup water with
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 head of cauliflower, quartered
2 TBSP avocado oil or Ghee
1 yellow onion, diced
4-6 garlic cloves (2TBSP), minced
2 cups white part of leek
2 TBSP dried sage
4-6 carrots, chopped
6-8 celery, chopped
2 chayote, chopped
2 cups green leek chopped
1 quart chicken bone broth or stock
2 cups sweet potatoes, chopped
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 TBSP of sea salt (adjust if broth is higher in sodium)
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Bay Leaves
- Pour avocado oil in Instant Pot, turn pot to coat bottom. Slice mushrooms, put in Instant Pot. Mix sea salt into water, and pour over mushrooms, and mix to coat. Set a steamer basket on the mushrooms, place the cauliflower segments on top. Seal and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. While cooking, cut onions through leeks in desired bite size pieces.
- When it is done cooking, turn off the Instant Pot and do a quick release, put steamed cauliflower in a blender, set aside. Remove the mushrooms and liquid, set aside.
- When the veggies are ready, Select Sauté add avocado oil or Ghee and cook onions until translucent. Add the garlic, white part of leek and sage (if it is clumped together, put in palm of hand and distribute it evenly by putting in palm and rubbing hands together), stirring until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery, chayote, and green leeks, stir. Add the chicken broth/stock to cool.
- Scrub and remove potato blemishes, dice and put in Instant Pot. Add salt and ground ginger and stir to combine.
- Cut chicken into one-inch pieces, salt, and add to soup.
- Insert Bay leaves. Seal and cook on High pressure for 10 minutes.
- After cooking, do a quick release, remove bay leaves. Draw out plain broth and put in blender with the steamed cauliflower in sufficient amount to blend well, about 3 cups. Blend until smooth. Reserve another cup of broth. Add the cauliflower puree to the soup to thicken. Use the reserve broth to “wash down” the sides of the blender and pour into soup and mix to combine. Add the mushrooms and its broth to the soup.
Serve with freshly chopped cilantro. You may want to add a dash of fish sauce, or coconut aminos for more depth of flavor.
~ For a meatless version, substitute 2 cans of young jack fruit (in brine or water), chopped, and 2 cans of white beans.
~ If using a crockpot, put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 3 hours.
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law. Romans 13:10
Houzz 2021 Best in Design for Kitchens and Baths
How Clean is Your Water?
Maximizing Your Outdoor Living Space