This gluten-free, dairy-free version of a favorite uses a plant-based protein powder as a healthy substitute for the flour and sugar. It will boost the protein and fiber with a subtle taste of vanilla. You might want to double the batch!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
4 cups peaches + sliced and cut in bite size pieces– about 1 lb
1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
1 TBSP lime juice
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 scoop Vanilla Complete Powder*
1 cup old fashioned gluten free oats
1/3 cup pecans chopped
½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp of sea salt
For the Filling:
1) Cut peaches into even, bite size pieces.
2) Melt coconut oil, if needed, and stir in lime juice. Pour over peaches and mix to coat well. Combine the Vanilla Complete, allspice, ginger and nutmeg and sprinkle over cut peaches. Thoroughly stir the mixture. Set aside.
Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the topping:
3) Combine the oats, pecans, pepitas, cinnamon, and ginger. In a separate dish mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt, then pour over oats mixture and toss to coat.
4) Pour peach mixture into bottom of the greased 8 x8 baking dish. Layer crisp topping evenly on top.
5) Cover the peach crisp with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20 mins. After 20 minutes, remove cover and bake for another 10-20 minutes until the crisp topping is golden brown.
Stores in the freezer for three months. Rewarm in the oven before serving.
*this is an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it. James 1:5