1 cup water
5 cups brussels sprouts
olive oil spray
salt & pepper to taste
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
1 cup pomegranate seeds
zest of one orange
1. Rinse the Brussels Sprouts, trim, remove outer leaves, and cut in half.
2. Place Brussels Sprouts in steamer basket, add one cup of water.
3. Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Select manual and cook at HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. (If do not have an instant pot, preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly spray sprouts with olive oil, add salt & pepper, and roast on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes, tuning halfway thru. Do not add more oil or salt & pepper.)
4. While the sprouts are cooking, lightly toast the pine nuts in a hot skillet (be careful, they can burn). Can substitute walnuts. Set aside.
5. Deseed a pomegranate.
6. Do a Quick Release of the steam and transfer the Brussel Sprouts to a plate, lightly spray with olive oil (or toss in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil), add pine nuts and salt & pepper to taste.
7. Top with pomegranate seeds and orange zest and serve.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Cook Remodeling services the following East Phoenix Valley Cities;
Scottsdale, Arcadia, Ahwatukee, Chandler, Sun Lakes, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Florence, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, and Rio Verde