Home Remodeling Design Trends for 2018
With the growth in popularity of online forums like Houzz (40 million users) and Pinterest (150 million) rather than trying to predict what are up and coming home remodeling design trends for 2018 that designers themselves are seeing, it is more effective to mine data from these sites for what is gaining in popularity. Most homeowners want their home to be more stylish and beautiful while they customize and personalize it to make their lives easier. It helps though, to know what is gaining in popularity, so one can make their home be current for longer.
Here are some of the home remodeling design trends for 2018:
- More color in the kitchen. There is a trend for having upper cabinets be one color, and lower cabinets another with the backsplash that ties them together.
- Wallpaper like tile backsplash that has colors, patterns, and intriguing designs.
- Rather than white sinks or stainless-steel sinks, more are choosing hued sinks made of stone, copper, and concrete.
- Better ergonomics—appropriate counter height for chopping or baking.
- The huge, overstated range hood is being replaced by a minimal or hidden hood fan.
- Use of anti-bacterial surfaces found in various engineered stone products.
- Vintage lighting.
- Return of formal dining experience for healthier home-cooked eating.
- Farmhouse sinks (yes, in the bathroom)
- Use of tile that resembles wood, fabric, and wallpaper for walls and flooring for ease of maintenance
- Zero threshold shower in the master bathroom
- Including plants in the design of the bathroom.
- Richer colors, earthy tones
- Feature walls with millwork, including in the bedroom
- Open floor plan
- Outdoor living space
- Improved energy efficiency and water conservation
Happy Smart Home Remodeling Design Trends for 2018!
Tagged bathroom, home remodeling, trends