Twelve Bathroom Design Trends in 2020
October is designated National Kitchen and Bath month, for those two rooms are considered the most important ones for the home. Let’s look into the bathroom remodeling design trends for 2020 to see what homeowners are including in the bathroom remodeling project. Remodeling activity is high, and people want a luxurious spa like feel for their bathroom where they launch into their day, and wind down at night. Here are twelve design elements that are popular in bathroom makeovers.
- Motion detection lighting and humidity sensing fan, for convenience and energy conservation.
- Heated floors with geometric or herringbone style laid tiles.
- Floating double sink vanities.
- Grey cabinetry is being replaced with a black matte finish palette contrasted with white and a planned pop of color in the bathroom. Brown wood tones (not with reddish hues) are coming back in style as well.
- Brass or copper fixtures are trending with sink faucets that have motion sensors.
- Framed mirror with integrated linear lighting. Smart mirrors where one can access TV or even email with voice command is reported to become more available.
- Terrazzo shower walls, flooring, backsplash, or accents are popular, as are partially tiled walls or marble walls which one can get that look with quartz or wallpaper. Wallpaper is coming back in vogue too.
- Water conserving toilet with bidet seat in its own private room or screened with a pony wall to make the bathroom seem larger.
- Japanese soaking tubs which have a smaller footprint than a typical tub to be included in a wet room with a shower, or as a stand-alone to make room for a larger shower.
- No threshold shower with dual shower heads with automatic temperature controls, a wall linear drain, large tiles to minimize grout lines, bench seating, and glass doors.
- Blue-tooth speaker system to play music to either energize or relax.
- Natural light and plants for the experience of nature.
There are many ways a bathroom can look and feel. Some specify a Tornado Body Dryer which is common in European resorts. Colors and trends do go out of style and come back in. Bottom line gather pictures online of what YOU want your bathroom to look like to get the experience you want it to evoke. That will make it timeless for you as you enjoy a new, better designed bathroom to meet your wants and needs.
Happy Bathroom Remodeling!
Create Food Safety and Security by Growing Your Own
Eight Pillars of Mental Wellness and Good Mood
Healthy Apple Crisp